Thursday, August 14, 2008

BBQ chicken

Here's an easy one for those busy weeknights. We've probably all made this easy crock-pot barbecue chicken. But I found these few more ingredients took it just past normal, to quite tasty.You'll need:
Chicken breasts-fresh or frozen (I used 3 so we would have plenty of leftovers. You'll want leftovers of this.)
barbecue sauce
liquid smoke
Worcestershire sauce
chili sauce

red onion
-chopped roughly in large peices
garlic cloves-minced

Here's the fun part of crock-pot cooking. Just dump it all in. I didn't put any measurements because it all depends on how much chicken you use and how much you like each thing. I probably just put a whole bottle of bbq sauce couple shakes of each other sauce, 1/2 an onion, and a couple cloves of garlic. Liquid smoke really adds to the robust flavor.

Let is cook on high for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken and it's ready to devour. We ate this as sandwiches, on a pizza, over rice, and there are probably a lot more ways than that to enjoy this. I've also made it with a pork loin for pulled pork sandwiches. Doesn't it just smell like summer now?

3 comments:

Cami said...

Jake said he "likey" Emily's Experiment this time. I'll have to make it now.

Michelle said...

You dont know me.. I found this blog through.. alot of random blogs, I dont even remember who. But I love your blog! I will be trying alot of these recipes!

Melanie said...

Hi, I really like your blog! I found it when I was googling "banana split dishes", of all things :)

I have a question - I too really enjoy cooking and especially baking. I would bake something everyday if I could, just for fun. But, of course, I don't want to eat everything that I bake and my roommate doesn't either (I mean I want to eat it, but I shouldn't ;). So, what do you do with the things you make? Do you always eat it all? Just would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks!